Sunday, December 12, 2010

Drizzling Nostaligia....

I love the December weather. Winter breeze, it’s fragrance, drooping leaves. Ooh!..I am short of words to describe my love for Zephyr..

The breeze brings a mixed memories in my nest.- both wonderful and worse! Leaving (I try to leave) the worse, I fondle the fantabulous ones. Though it’s been a decade since I left college, the memories continue to linger. All the excursions ranging from 3-5 days were organized in Dec. And the most important of all.. The FIRST ever reunion too was held in December. One thing I love about excursions is-it pulls the classmates close; a sort of Unity in Diversity-creating a special bond! Talking about my class, sometimes I really wonder whether any kinda bond existed? Maybe for nerds like me; bond exists always! Perhaps, I am the ONLY one who is in touch with almost everyone. Mind you, this adds to my responsibility too. In case of any wedding(s) happening, my friends ask me to update the detailed information of classmates, their whereabouts, mail ids, phone numbers. Hold on. My responsibility is not coming to a dot there. Ever since the first reunion happened in 2006, some of my friends bestowed me with a new designation “International Co-ordinator” Whenever my buddies pop up in gtalk, they ping me with the questions. ”Hey, when is gonna our next get together? Make it fast. Can’t wait” Despite all the differences, one thing is there - everyone wish to relume the good old memories. And yes, I do MISS all and wish I could go back to the fantastic days of cute fights, chit chats, bitching, cribbing, bunking, movies, hang outs and a lot more.. Few juicy spicy stuffs and adventures- the crush(es) tales,eloping,secret wedding during student days blowed up the fun, thrill and tension to the teen days.

Even today, the moment I land in Kerala, I call every one. Sometimes makes anonymous calls with voice modulations and at any cost, I meet my old classmates, spent time in roaming, movies and of course meeting in parks too J To those guys and girls who envy and frown at me for behaving like an eternal student, I would say, I am young at heart. And yes, that’s the way I am.

We never really grow up. We just learn how to act in public. (Curtsey : Face Book like )

Once again the winter breeze arrives,

Sprouting up my mixed memories...

The moments lie fresh in my nest,

In life I brush the old as my best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

..nostalgic ... summer rain...

Shaan Menon said...

very well written. i wouldnt call it as nostalgic... rather..if one happens to meet everyone to our satisfaction then that surely becomes nostalgic...

anyways.. i always believe there are strong ties and there are weak ties... as someone said... half of the knowledge lies in knowing where the knowledge actually is.... half of the friendship lies in recognising who your true friends are....