Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Her Gest from my nest...

She was unique- woman with a difference and a substance too..the word fear had no place in her dictionary and she lived by ideals and never succumbed to anything in her life.And all these made her different form other women of her age group.I have never seen her talking or discussing on dressing or attires.Her mind was always filled with inquisitiveness and magnanimity.Above all she was loved and revered across all age group.I have vivid memories of her.Her interests had no boundaries and so also her thoughts.Books,Newspapers,International relations,Music,Scriptures everything occupied a prominent place in her thinking.she observed and analysed all those with great enthusiasm and never missed an opportunity to discuss/debate with people of similar interests.Yes, I am talking about my Mother.

Had she been alive, she would have been the happiest person seeing my blogs and scribbles.Whenever I go to my mom's ancestral place, the neighborhood choirs.."You look like Sulo" ( Wish I could be courageous and knowledgeable as her!)Some others used to tell.."hmmm..Had your mom been alive, she would have been happy seeing the little ones.Its an ill-fate that she didn't get a chance to see her children settled with family".

The maids in our house were treated with utmost love and affection and mom did something ( this something is a broader term.Because her generosity had no bounds) or other for their well being and taught them not only letters or words but also evoked a strong confidence(because she was against drowning in tears) in them..Even after these years of passing, everyone remembers and glorify the way she lived.

Yes, I do remember her deeds...her courageous attitude towards life, to conquer challenges without shedding tears.I donno whether I could be like her..But today being her death anniversary, I remember all the deeds she has left behind..and it remains as a light house..

What I learned is If we continue to remember someone who has left us, it will make us more weak.Whereas if we remember their dreams,desires and their ideals, it could propel us towards a more meaningful destination.

7 comments:

Shaan Menon said...

yes..! i was expecting this piece... and it came.. thanks.. its quite well written... and you are back to ur best... !!! keep up the good work

Shaan Menon said...

..and regarding the last para.. truly,, its well said..!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey sis...me too..missing Sulo periamma...had she been here am sure she wud have been on our side ;) and also given more ideas (not just advice ;)).

Shilpi

Anonymous said...

thats something something special to all moms!! affectionately written.

yesterday i was watching one lady remembering her mom in a tv show.
she regretted her not been little more closer to her mom. she said every child takes their parents especially their mom for granted. the lady was non other than actress poonam dillon.


kannullappol ariyunnilla kanninde villa ..

durga u were blessed to have such elegant lady as ur mom. do i know the pain u r going through when u see empty space where ur mom was there smiling and caring.

show all the affection towards ur kid which u want to give to ur mom. she is with u, always !!

Karmanna

Rajeswari said...

Karmann&Shilpi,

I've posted the comments I received via email. Sorry for the delay in posting.I was in a confusion..whether to post the your comments or not.

Rajeswari said...

@ Shilpi, I am there to give you more ideas :D .If you ever feel that you are short of ideas, knock me ;-)

Scattered Thoughts... said...

Hmm..